Ruiru Sports Club started as a tennis club in 1922.  The club was moved to the present site in 1923 where land was available for a golf course.  It was laid out by Mr. Overtone who was a Colonial Police Inspector at Ruiru.

The course was re-constructed on an improved layout by club members in 1930 using large gangs of African Labourers and reconstructed the tees and browns.

The first golf Captain was Mr. G.J. Glassford in 1930. Mr. John Ross was then the golf captain for twenty consecutive years between 1931 to 1950.

The club had 30 golfing members with reciprocal arrangements with Thika, Makuyu, Nyeri, Nanyuki and Eldoret.

See website: